Here’s a step by step guide to make some yummy Modaks!
Being Ganesh Chaturthi, lots of goodies are traditionally cooked.
To add a twist to the usual, we have tried making a Chocolate Modak, because who does not like chocolate.
So let’s get into it!
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips/bar
- 1 1/2 cup biscuits crushed
- 1/4 cup pistachios/almonds
1. Pour the milk and condensed milk into a non-stick pan and stir them over a low heat to medium flame.
2. Add in the melted chocolate, continue stirring to avoid burning of the chocolate at the bottom. (Melt the chocolate in a microwave for about 1.5 minutes)
3. Add in the crushed biscuits and nuts.
4. After the mix starts to look like its thickening and becoming like a dough, switch off the flame and let it rest until it cools.
5. After it cools for 10 minutes, use the modak mould to make the modaks by inserting small portions of the mix into the modak mould.
6. Finally, Modaks are ready to be served!