A small outlet in Karama that brings street food of Mumbai to you!
We had heard about Mumbailious being newly opened so thought why not give it a try because what’s a better stress buster other than food!
Ratings: 6.5 Golden Nuggets
The overall vibe from this place was pretty causal. It’s a mini resto tucked away in the street corners of Karama. The seating available is very limited to due to the size of the restaurant.
1. Pani Puri: We were offered a complimentary pani puri while we waited for our order to arrive. The pani puri tasted good but nothing extra ordinary and we’ve had better ones at other places.
2. Mysore Pak: Another complimentary serving alongside the pani puri. It tasted excellent with just the right amount of sweetness to kill the spice if needed.
3. Cheese Chili Naan [AED 8]: A combination of cheese with green chilis embedded into the naan. Being spicy food lovers the spice-o-meter was on point but we felt that there was far too less cheese to justify its name. We also found the naan a little too greasy for our liking.
4. Murgh Hariyali Tikka [AED 20]: Kebabs are part of any Indian restaurant you visit. The ones served here are a lovely combination of Indian green masala and chicken that was garnished beautifully. The texture of the chicken was perfect as it was juicy and tender and we did manage to cut it right through with just a slice of the knife.
5. Bhel Puri & Sev Puri [AED 11/each]: We ordered a takeaway for both of these items. The bhel was nothing great and we’ve had better ones. The one we tried had a lot of peanuts in it which put us off the taste scale while, the sev puri was good i.e. it was crispy and crunchy but honestly who can go wrong with this one.
Overall, the servings are very generous so it could be easily shared.
We were not satisfied with the service as just for a small order we had to wait for almost an hour and there was no crowd either. The staff was not very attentive and had this don’t care attitude which was another negative for us.
The prices are very reasonable and fits well with people who have budgets or who are interested in enjoying a snack or some chaat.