A grill joint offering some delicious Middle Eastern cuisine located on the Jumeirah Beach Road.
We had been invited for a tasting session by Maria and decided to try out the place.
Ratings: 8 Golden Nuggets
Once inside, we found the atmosphere quite casual which blended harmoniously with the wooden decor. We liked how the lighting is done with bulbs placed over each table. Quirky quotes about food used were put up and the counter was decked up with gorgeous cutlery.
Our suggestion is to visit the place in the evening as the lighting and the decor brings out a nice dimly lit cosy vibe to the place that just elevates the food experience.
1. Hummus with chicken [AED 24]: A plate of freshly made hummus that is prepared with chickpeas, tahina and garnished with olive oil. The chicken was a great addition to the dish as it enhanced the flavor of the meat. It is served along with a basket of Khubus (arabic bread) which is very filling by itself.
View this post on Instagram
Words cannot express #hummus we loved 😍❤️ the starter for AED 24 during our tasting @shawarmagrillhouse! The chicken meat and hummus went well together. It’s served with a basket of hot soft #khubus (Arabic bread 🥖). Did you know 🤔that local #grass-fed chicken 🐔 is used for their dishes?? Such a nice 😊initiative to support 🤝 #local suppliers 👨🏻🌾👩🏻🌾! This plate 🍽 gets the scrumptious #stamp from us 🙆🏻. A dish that is not to be missed when visiting the restaurant! • • • • • • • • #chickenandhumus #arabicbread #shawarmagrillhouse #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #beautifulcuisines #coldturkeydxb #calorified #doindubai #eeeeeats #eatoutdxb #feedfeed #foodbloggers #f52grams #huffposttotaste #hushglossnom #seemoredxb #tastedubai #timeoutdubai #thescrumptiousscavengers #visitdubai #whatsondubai #whitelabelmedia #zomatouae #mydubai
2. French Fries [AED 10]: These were crunchy and crispy but we would have liked it better if they were a bit more thicker.
3. Chicken Shawarma [AED 26]: The authentic arabic style shawarma served in a pita bread. The chicken used for making them is organic, grass fed and bought from local suppliers. The dish comes along with a plate of fries and yoghurt sauce, and chili dip which goes really well with the fries. You can taste the freshness of the dips.
The chili dip is freshly made in-house and not your regular peri peri sauce but a close flavor of Thai sauces which makes it taste spicy and sweet at the same time.
4. Chicken Shawarma Plate [AED 49]: This dish is similar to the starter but the quantity is much more which can be easily shared between two or more people. The chicken was cooked to perfection and the hummus went well with the salad too. We cannot express how deliciously well the hummus was made. It was the best one we have tried so far. All the platters come with a serving of yoghurt dip, chili sauce, mixed pickles, salad and hummus.
5. Lamb Tikka [AED 79]: Two pieces of tender lamb that are so juicy and succulent. The meat is of premium quality no doubt. The tikka was cooked very well just a cut of the knife was enough to get bite sized pieces. Normally the grills become dry after a point or served dry itself but this was not the case with this dish. Even after a while the dish was still juicy and tasted amazing!
View this post on Instagram
Want to know 👩💻 which is the world’s 🌎 fastest food? We 💁🏻 have it right here for you, *LAMB-BURGER-INIS* 😋! These #lambtikkas [AED 79] are part of the delicious 🤤 #grills @shawarmagrillhouse. They use grass fed meat and #organic ingredients for their spices which makes it so tasty and irresistible 😍❤️! A must have dish for all the #meat fanatics 🙌🏻. • • • • • • • • #lamb #tikka #shawarmagrillhouse #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #beautifulcuisines #coldturkeydxb #calorified #doindubai #eeeeeats #eatoutdxb #feedfeed #foodbloggers #f52grams #huffposttotaste #hushglossnom #seemoredxb #tastedubai #timeoutdubai #thescrumptiousscavengers #visitdubai #whatsondubai #whitelabelmedia #zomatouae #mydubai
A must try dish for all the meat fanatics and for the spice lovers have it with
the chili sauce and you are all set for a happy feeling.
6. We ordered two Cokes and a Sprite [AED 8/each]. Aerated sodas with grilled meat is one of our favorite combos.
We liked the fact that the menu was concise with what they have to offer so there is less confusion on what can be tried and what not. All the ingredients are organic, non GMO, grass-fed making everything that’s served from their kitchen top notch in quality.
View this post on Instagram
Looking for good Middle Eastern options? Then make a trip 🚘 to this #chic place @shawarmagrillhouse located in Jumeirah to enjoy 😉 authentic #arabic food! It’s got the best ✌🏻 #hummus we have tasted 👅 so far. The #shawarma grilled chicken 🐔, in our Chicken Platter, was beautifully 😍 done, soft and #delicious 😋; and the fries 🍟 had a lovely 😊 crunch to them. A special shout-out ❤️ to Maria and Souad for the warm hospitality! • • • • • • • • #chickenplatter #hummus #fries #shawarmagrillhouse #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #beautifulcuisines #coldturkeydxb #calorified #doindubai #eeeeeats #eatoutdxb #feedfeed #foodbloggers #f52grams #huffposttotaste #mondayflatlay #seemoredxb #tastedubai #timeoutdubai #thescrumptiousscavengers #visitdubai #whatsondubai #whitelabelmedia #zomatouae #mydubai
We were treated very well by the Branch Manager Ms. Souad and the staff who served us! They provide great hospitality to all their customers alike. We give plus points for the excellent service given to us! The staff is warm, welcoming and very friendly.
We found it reasonable for the quality and the quantity being offered. Definitely worth the premium quality of ingredients being used to serve authentic Middle Eastern Cuisine.
We will surely be heading back soon to try out the Wagyu beef and other grill items that we missed this time around. We had a great dining experience at Shawarma Grill House and looking forward to more visits to this fabulous place.
We recommend this place for those whole love Middle Eastern food that is authentic and meaty to say the least.