A Lebanese joint serving some good ol’ food like Manakish, shawarma, pizzas and pasta.
We went through a referral by Hyperlinks Media for lunch.
Rating: 7 Golden Nuggets
A small joint with limited seating for dine in located in the heart of Jumeirah Village Circle. The woodsy decor brings an antique touch to it. This outlet is definitely a hole in the wall with numerous deliveries that keep happening during the day! A perfect place to enjoy some great food and have a quiet time for yourself.
We missed meeting the owner Mr. Bashr but did have a telephonic conversation with him. He was very passionate about the food being served and made sure we were offered the best service and mentioned how the ingredients are being imported from Lebanon to add the Arabic touch!
1. Special Yoghurt: A bottle of fresh made laban which was creamy and thick that made our meal even better.
2. Carrot juice: Another fresh juice prepared on order with carrot shavings making it quite thick.
3. Lemonade: Freshly prepared on order with the right amount of sugar and no ice giving you the sour taste and working as a great palate cleanser as well.
4. Cheese Chili Manakish: We being spice lovers thought to try something different. Sadly, we found this to be a regular manakish loaded with cheese, too much oil and not enough spices for our tastebuds.
5. Minis: A selection of assortments but in smaller finger sized pieces. We went for the hotdog, zaatar, muhammara, lahmeh. The hotdog was warm and tasted good! The zaatar was perfect but we should have gone with the bigger size of manakish as we would have preferred more cheese to go with the Zaatar. Muhammara didn’t have enough spices and had more of pizza sauce making it a bit too sour for our taste buds. Lahmeh was meaty and tasted perfect.
6. Chicken Shawarma Platter: A plate full of chicken grilled to perfection with a side of crispy fries, hummus and a large piece of arabic bread. The portion size is very generous and could be easily shared amongst two individuals.
7. Penne Chicken Alfredo: This pasta is known to have six types of cheese making it the number one choice for all cheese fanatics. So of course we had to try the dish Out, but as we have a vegetarian partner we asked for the dish without the chicken and just the veggies. The pasta was simmered well, the cheese was generously spread all over the dish and some mushrooms to go with and good for two hungry souls.
View this post on Instagram
We know it’s #cheesy 🧀 but this penne pasta 🍝 [AED 36] was grate! We 👭 definitely recommend trying it out @alkaryabakerydubai. We were in our happy 😊 bubble thanks to the amount of creamy cheese that made it one of the best 🙌🏻 Alfredo #pasta we have had till date. We had ours without the chicken but with chicken 🍗 it would be equally fabulous 😍! Thank you @hyperlinks_media ❤️for the chance to visit this #hiddengem in Jumeirah Village Circle. • • • • • • #pennealfredo #cheese #alkaryabakery #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #coldturkeydxb #cheeselove #cheesefanatics #dxbrestaurants #dubaipr #dubaibloggers #eeeeeats #eatoutdxb #foodofdubai #foodbloggers #happyeating #hyperlinksmedia #jumeirahvillagecircle #lunchgoals #pastalove #pennetime #thescrumptiousscavengers #timeoutdubai #visitdubai #zomatouae #mydubai
8. Turkey, Ham and Cheese Wrap: This a new sandwich created and will not be available on the menu. But just because of that, do not miss out on the chance of having a really YUM sandwich. The tortilla bread was warm and slightly crisp, the turkey and cheese was an amazing combination to begin with! Add some mayo, and lettuce with a few veggies and turns out into the best seller of the place.
8. Sweet Pizza: A small pastry pocket stuffed with heaps of Nutella and chunks of banana. We are not fans of banana, so the fruit part we did not like but just the nutella and the pastry was the perfect. Once you dig into it the chocolate oozing out was our favorite sight!
We were offered best service by the Chef Bohara who kept attending to our queries and our server Bishnuo who made sure we had everything we wanted. The staff is really friendly and well polished.
Its a value for money diner where you can get good quality food at a reasonable rate.
We had a nice lunch at Karya and would love to come back soon to try out the other items that we missed out on!