Grab your forks and knives and head straight to the meatiest place in town!
We had won a contest giving us a voucher of AED 120 which we decided to use for a weekday lunch!
Ratings: 8 Golden Nuggets
Tucked into the corners of Al Karama is this gem of a place which you CAN NOT afford to miss! It’s a little small joint with simple yet quirky interiors of an alternate universe along with some exceptional food. The walls are decked with lovely portraits of old dubai. It is more of a causal dine-in place perfect for a group of friends and/or families. They have a glass fronted kitchen so you’re able to see the chefs prepare the food which sort of builds up the anticipation and excitement for the food. They have an outdoor seating area as well which is perfect for the winter weather here in Dubai.
Even though we were easily able to grab a table for lunch during a weekday, we’ve heard this packs quite a crowd during the weekends so do get your reservations sorted before heading there.
As we were seated we were given a complimentary basket of colourful fryums which was nice snack to munch on while we place our order.
1. Shiny Disco Fries [AED 26]: A disco of flavors in our mouth as well. With all the fries we’re tried at various places, the fries served here definitely holds a spot amongst the ones right on top. They were hot, crispy and topped with cheese, beans and peppers. We loved each and every bite of it! It also comes with non vegetarian option which includes a topping of mince lamb chilli for [AED 28].
2. The Meating Room Platter [AED 95]: An all meat galore indeed! Once served we couldn’t wait any longer and dug right into the plethora of meats served to us. It had some yummy pieces of long haul chicken wings, delicious shish beef boti, some tender and juicy lamb chops and a couple of mouth watering chicken tikka pieces. It comes with three different kinds of dips, fries and some charred vegetables. That’s a real good deal right there!
View this post on Instagram
To all the meat 🍖 lovers ❤️ out there we've just gone and done you a favour 😎. Grab a napkin and dig into this plethora of meats from the yummy long haul chicken 🐓 wings, delicious shish beef boti to the tender and juicy lamb chops and mouth watering chicken tikka. It also comes with 3 different kinds of dips, fries 🍟 and some charred veggies 🥗.
⠀ The Meating Room serves all of the above for just AED 86 in their 'to die for' Meat Platter. Go on and try it! Its meatilicious 😍💕!
1. Kala Khatta: The drinks were kind of a letdown for us. We weren’t a fan of the kala khatta served to us. It was a little too khatta for our taste.
2. Lemonade: We had gone for a sugar & salt mix version and again we weren’t too pleased with this one either. Maybe the sugar & salt mix wasn’t in the right proportions or the lemon was quite strong. But overall not happy with the drinks part of our meal.
1. Sizzle it [AED 30/33/36]: As recommended by our server, we ordered this from their wok options. We were served the oriental chicken along with vegetable hakka noodles. The oriental chicken was cooked and marinated well. It had a spicy touch to it that complemented the noodles. We felt that the noodles were slightly on the oily side. Other than that, it was a good creation on the menu.
2. Mutton Keema Dum [AED 32] : Easily one of our favourites here! You’ll have to order the pav separately for AED 3. The mince meat was packed with flavour and cooked quite nicely. It was presented to us in such a lovely way and the best part is you can get all your creative juices running with trying out different ways in munching down this keema and pav combination.
View this post on Instagram
All the Keema fans in #Dubai! Have you tried the best place in town offering some amazing #keema and out of the world soft buns at @themeatingroomdxb! For those who haven’t, do make some time this weekend 🚘 and for those who have you know what we are talking about! We fell in love 😍❤️ with the flavors of the keema not tasting too much oil which, is the case with most keema dishes. Enjoy some Mumbai street style food and thank us later 💜. Happy weekend folks 🥂 • • • • • • #muttonkeemadum #keempav #themeatingroom #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #coldturkeydxb #dubaipr #dubaibloggers #dxbrestaurants #eeeeeats #eatoutdxb #eatingforinsta #feedfeed #f52grams #foodbloggers #foodiesforlife #huffposttotaste #instagood #masalauae #mumbaifood #menupages #streetstyle #tastedubai #timeoutdubai #tastefulfood #thescrumptiousscavengers #whatsondubai #zomatouae #mydubai
3. Comfort Chicken [AED 33] with Butter Naan [AED 5]: Another name for butter chicken and as the name suggests it was quite comforting indeed. A delicious bowl of creamy and perfectly cooked chicken. It went really well the butter naan we ordered which was really buttery and soft. All in all a mouth watering combo!
1. Chili Chocolate brownie [AED 24]: An obvious winner in our books! Our brownie was warm, moist and simply put, a chocolaty perfection. It was served to us in a hot cast iron skillet and topped with a scoop of salted caramel ice-cream. The chili flakes sprinkled on top added a tinge of spiciness which actually transformed it into a dessert we’d dare skip out on, on our next visit.
View this post on Instagram
We 👭 could not ask for a better ending to our delectable lunch today afternoon 🕛@themeatingroomdxb! Here we are enjoying the ‘Chili Chocolate Brownie’ 💰[AED 24] 🌶🍫 a perfect 👌🏻 combination of sweet; #spice and everything nice 💁🏻♀️! The brownie was prepared to perfection with a slight crunch that went well with the salted caramel #ice-cream 🍨. The chili flakes added a right tinge of spiciness 🌶 making it a #divine 😍❤️ ending for us. • • • • • • #chilichocolatebrownie #themeatingroom #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #coldturkeydxb #chocoholics #chocolateaddicts #dubaipr #dxbrestaurants #dubaibloggers #dessertgram #dessertsfirst #eeeeeats #eatoutdxb #foodofdubai #foodbloggers #gooddessert #happyeating #lunchgoals #sweettooth #thescrumptiousscavengers #timeoutdubai #visitdubai #zomato #zomatouae #mydubai
The servers were friendly and courteous and attended to our all our needs. The service was quick and on the whole it was a lovely delicious experience.
Good portion sizes and an absolute value for money. The prices are quite reasonable for the quality of food served.
Of course! We’re dying to try out their Gulab Jamun Cheesecake and the various other grill items we’ve missed out on. So another round is a definite yes.