A place that keeps up to its name where you can get some drinks, chill and be merry!
We were invited by Jebel Ali Recreation Club to be part of their grand re-opening and to review one of the restaurants.
Rating: 7 Golden Nuggets
The interiors are done in a fashion often seen in most clubs. The seating was comfy with sofas and round tables for bigger groups and lounge chairs to unwind and relax. There is also a corner known as the Ships Wheel at this counter, you can order your drinks and keep ’em coming! The wooden flooring and the dim lighting is a combination we liked.
1. Chicken Tikka Bites: Grilled chicken tenders with a mango dip. The chicken tasted average and was a bit too dry. We would have preferred another dip along with it maybe garlic mayo.
2. Nachos with cheese: A sizzler plate loaded with soft nachos and not so warm cheese, a whole lot of pesto sauce and cream cheese. We would have liked them if they were a bit crispier and the dips were served separately so that we could pick our own choices rather than a mix.
View this post on Instagram
We were invited by @jebelaliclub to be a part of their grand opening after the renovations and visit @jebelaliclubhouse! The event started with a bang with performances, music and of course food throughout the evening. It has a structure of an amphitheater with a pool so anytime is the best time to visit the place. Here is a snippet of what we had that evening. We would have preferred the cheese 🧀 to be a bit warmer to get that gooey effect which is the best 🙌🏻 combination with nachos! . . . . . . #nachos #cheese #pesto #creamcheese #springonions #theclubhouse #jebelaliclub #grandopening #bloggersmeet #bbc #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #coldturkeydxb #city1016 #dubaipr #dubaibloggers #dxbrestaurants #eeeeeats #eatoutdxb #feedfeed #f52grams #foodbloggers #instalike #krisfade #media #timeoutdubai #thescrumptiousscavengers #whatsondubai #zomatouae #mydubai
3. Fries: The presentation was well done in a can. The fries were crisp!
4. Burger: The chicken burger was a crispy fried fillet sandwiched with some lettuce and slice of tomatoes and dressed with mayo. The burger was a definite win as the patty was juicy and was cooked perfectly.
5. Paneer pakora: These tasted yummy along with the yoghurt dip given.
6. Margarita Pizza: we have had better ones before. It was missing the right amount of cheese.
7. Lemon Mint: It was an average drink with more ice and lemon making the drink too sour for our taste.
8. Strawberry Mojito: This was a better option but we have had better ones than this in comparison.
9. Sticky Toffee Pudding: This dessert had the right amount of sweetness to it. The best part being, we felt a tinge of lotus flavor as well. We liked how the texture was so soft to cut into and just melted in your mouth.
10. Brownie with Ice – cream: The brownie was gooey, loaded with chocolate chips and nuts that went really well with the ice-cream.
We were offered good service keeping in mind with the crowd of the opening. The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs.
The prices seemed to be on par with the quantity of the food.
We would love to try the breakfast options!