A treasure tucked inside of the Sharjah Art Foundation
We were invited by our fellow blogger Hemangi to join her for a tasting. So we decided to go for a breakfast.
Rating: 9 Golden Nuggets
An elegant area with lots of colors, natural lighting, and rustic touches to keep the existing foundation! Even though it is a small space it feels like it has made its mark with the people. You have both indoor seating which is cosy or you can opt for the outdoor area to enjoy some winter weather sunshine early in the morning. A real gem for all the photographers with the wooden framework, the lighting and the white theme being adopted.
The moment you enter the cafe, you can enjoy the aura of fresh baked goodies that will make your start of the day just perfect. After all what is a good morning without some great breakfast.
For cat lovers, they have three cats that keep wandering around and keep you company while you enjoy your meal.
We started the morning with these complimentary salty crackers and then went on deciding what to order for ourselves.
1. Eggs your way: Can’t have a breakfast without the eggs, then this classic breakfast is meant for you. It came with a sourdough bread, two well done poached eggs and dips of jam and butter. Only thing is we didn’t prefer the sourdough bread because it gets really hard with time and so difficult to eat.
2. Hot Chocolate: This was just the way we like it, more of dark chocolate, thick in texture and, thick and just pure heaven! The beautiful winter weather being perfect to enjoy this warm mug of goodness.
3. Parmesan Truffle Fries: A bowl of crisp fries with a slight tinge of truffle which was just perfect. The best part they didn’t get soggy after taking numerous shots of the food.
4. Strawberry Mojito: This was simply delicious and refreshing. The right balance of the fruit, soda and sweetness.
View this post on Instagram
Our 👭 end to yet another amazing weekend started at @fenrestaurant! This strawberry mojito 🍹 was really refreshing and went well 🙆🏻♀️ with our #breakfast! Thank you ❤️ @hemangiramani for introducing us to another #hiddengem of a place in #Sharjah! For all the heritage fans and artists in town a must visit place to enjoy the culture and workshops taking place. . . . . . . #strawberrymojito #fenrestaurant #sharjahartfoundation #beautifulcuisines #buzzfeedfood #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #coldturkeydxb #dubaibloggers #dubaitastes #drinkstagram #foodbloggers #instalike #khaleejtimes #thescrumptiousscavengers #sharjahbloggers #sharjahuniversitycity #wknd #whatsondubai #zomatouae #mysharjah
We were planning a round two when the drool worthy desserts made their way to our table.
5. Ube Cupcake: This was a delicious chocolate cupcake topped with cone designed ube topping. The cupcake was moist, soft and just divine.
6. Ube Leche Flan: A purple yam cake topped with a layer of custard and dressed with a beautiful caramel bracelet which is obviously edible, but way too pretty to be eaten in the first place. None the less 10/10 for presentation and taste.
7. Mango Sorbet with Vanilla Ice-cream: Another insta-worthy dessert that must not be missed. This is light on the tummy and heavy with the emotion. The presentation with this is again top notch having a lovely caramelized intricate design made surrounded with edible mud, flowers and pecan nuts. For the mango lovers, a recommended dish.
We had the best service offered to us. Marc did a great job of keeping the cats at bay while we enjoyed the scrumptious food made for us.
The prices are reasonable for the delicious dishes being offered.
We found lots of interesting dishes on the menu that we would love to try out. So another visit is due soon!