A meaty hotspot for all your steak and rib cravings!
We were invited by the restaurant for a tasting session and review.
Rating: 8 Golden Nuggets
The outlet of The Grilll Shack is located in The Dubai Mall food court. Amongst all the fast food chains, stands this woody meat loving joint with beautiful aesthetic interiors. The decor is predominantly dark wood and lighting is warm yellow hanging lamps. One side of the restaurant over looks the inside of the mall, right above the ice rink, thus making the view very pleasant and also the lighting on this end is very good. Ignoring the fact that this outlet is located in the noisy bustling food court, in terms of ambience, this place surely wins!
D R I N K S
1. Passion Fruit Mojito : This mojito was a true winner for us. We absolutely loved it and completely recommend it! Sweet and tasty, this drink was very refreshing with chunks of passion fruit and lime and mint leaves to garnish.
2. Fresh Lime and Mint Mojito : This was a classic one with both the lime and mint being fresh. We felt the lime was slightly overpowering though. Other than that it was a fabulous thirst quencher.
3. Strawberry Mojito : Again a classic one we always love to go for. Garnished with mint and strawberries which were fresh, we felt the essence a bit overpowering but chilled to perfection, which is what we wanted.
4. Peach Iced Tea : The peach iced tea was super refreshing and delicious! We could really taste the peach in it. However, at the same time we also found it a tad bit too sour.
5. Chocolate Cookie Shake : We were so glad we decided to order this shake as we were completely floored by the taste of it. The presentation was outstanding, loved the fact that instead of the common glass jars they have gone with a very unique looking steel conical shaped cup. The shake was topped with Oreo cookies and whipped cream, and the side of the cup was adorned with chocolate chips. Coming to the taste, the shake was pure chocolatey goodness, light and delicious! We would definitely add this to our list of top favorite chocolate shakes in Dubai!
6. 3D Caramel Popcorn Shake : The presentation of this shake was really quirky! Adorned with red 3D glasses by Novo cinemas and drizzled with caramel popcorn this shake takes on a taste of vanilla with a tinge of caramel. We were slightly apprehensive thinking that the shake maybe too sweet, given the caramel, but luckily the shake tasted predominantly vanilla, and went perfectly with the fresh white whipped cream to go on top.
A P P E T I Z E R S
1. Short Ribs Spring Rolls: Four pieces of pastry pockets stuffed with slow braised short ribs chopped into bite size pieces and dressed with balsamic mayo. The meat was tender and juicy with the pastry being crispy. So this one is a must have for all the carnivores who also do like spring rolls!
2. Fried Calamari : The calamari was well fried, it had a sturdy outer coating that was well seasoned and tasted amazing, especially with the side tartar sauce. Each bite left us wanting more.
3. Cheetos Chicken Tenders : These chicken tenders were coated with flaming hot Cheetos crumbs. However when we bit into them we didn’t really get much of that ‘flaming hot’ taste we expected. Apart from giving that crunch to the tenders it didn’t really do much for us.
4. Parmesan Truffle Fries : Warm and soft fries garnished with parmesan cheese. We loved the fries but felt the truffle oil overpowered the taste of parmesan.
5. Fresh Garden Salad : As the name goes, it was absolutely fresh and had iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, and avocados drizzled with Italian dressing. Though we weren’t fans of the avocados, we felt the dressing was too much for the quantity of salad hence making it too sour for our taste.
View this post on Instagram
The new grill place in #Dubai will make all your meat dreams come true! Be it any type of meat that you crave, you know where to be at 😍 @thegrilllshack ! Here is a snippet of what we tried ~ Cheetos chicken 🍗 tenders, calamari rings and short ribs 🍖 spring rolls ! We 👭 fell in love ❤️with the calamari and the short rib rolls, which were perfectly crispy, full of flavor and just plain scrumptious! Thank you 😊💞 for hosting us. Watch out for our review on this coming up soon on @zomatouae! 😄 . . . . . . #cheetoschickentenders #shortribsspringrolls #calamarirings #thegrillshack #dubaimall #downtowndubai #buzzfeedfood #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #coldturkeydxb #dxbrestaurants #dubaipr #dubaitastes #dubaibloggers #eeeeeats #eatoutdxb #foodofdubai #foodbloggers #f52grams #instalike #timeoutdubai #tastedubai #thescrumptiousscavengers #whatsondubai #zomatouae #mydubai
M A I N S
1. The Farmhouse Grill : This beastly dish was a whopping meal in itself. Served in an iron tray baking dish, we were given a platter of beef steak, beef sausages, grilled chicken, lamb chops and some ribs.
Grilled Chicken, was beautifully cooked! The skin left on, had all the flavor and was perfectly done. The meat inside was soft and succulent. Even the parts of the chicken that is usually tough meat, was soft and tender, definitely a win win!
Ribs, AMAZING, is a word to summarize what we thought of these ribs. It was fall-off-the-bone soft and tender. It’s not too chewy, made just right. The marination was just right, with a hint of sweetness, that tasted like BBQ sauce. The perfect ribs that you would imagine ideal ribs to be. Definitely going to come back for this one.
The only right way to eat a steak is with greed in your heart and smile on your face! Our steak was done medium well so it was really succulent but the downside of it was, we still felt that it was kind of chewy.
2. Slider Platter (2 Chicken and 1 Seafood) : The chicken slider tasted great, a small mini sized burger with all the power packed flavours. We would recommend the chicken patty as it had a fabulous sweet spicy tangy sauce that went well with the whole slider.
D E S S E R T S
1. Sticky Toffee Pudding : The toffee force is really strong with this one. Served in a tiny skillet, we were given a helping of cake with toffee flavoured sauce, with a dallop of vanilla ice-cream. With the ice cream, the cake tasted amazing, we loved this dessert.
2. Snickers Brownie : Having this dessert was like having a bar of snickers with a scoop of fresh vanilla ice cream. The brownie was loaded with nuts and caramel, like the actual Snickers bar and served in a small glass jar with ice cream. Paired together, this dessert too was a hit!
3. Cheesecake : It was fresh and creamy and topped with strawberries and raspberries and the bottom crust having crushed biscuits, it balanced out the slightly sour berry puree on the top layer of the cheesecake. This is every cheesecake lover’s dish to order.
We were offered excellent service. Our server, Madeline, was very friendly and attentive to our needs. The orders also came in good time. Full points to the staff here!
Slightly on the higher end of the price scale, however given the quality of the food and the service, this is surely worth the buck!
Definitely to try out their other offerings.