A place where you freeze your brains out with some mind-blowing desserts!
We had won a giveaway by Hemangi and made our way to the Al Quoz branch to try them out.
Its a small shop, tucked in the corner of the street. You have two tables and few can chairs. The decor is filled with all sorts of art from cartoon characters to their name painted on the ceiling.
Rating: 8 Golden Nuggets
1. Nutella Pancakes [AED 20]: Cute little bite sized pancakes topped with a LOT of nutella but hey! We aint complaining. More nutella the better. This one is a definite crowd pleaser. And we recommend munching on this each time you stop by at Freez.
2. Lotus Crepe [AED 25]: Get you forks, knives, spoons or just your fingers for this drool worthy treat. Oozing with lotus sauce all over the crepe which includes a layer of crushed lotus, this one isn’t just a treat for the eyes but for the tummies as well.
3. Brownie Crepe [AED 35]: We say anything with brownies makes the whole dish all the more sweeter, and this was just that. Filling and sweet to the core with the chocolate drizzle on top going perfectly with the brownie cake sandwiched between the crepe, definitely a meal good enough for two hungry souls.
4. Oreo Jar [AED 35]: Overflowing jar of Oreo goodness, this is one dream drink. A regular Oreo milkshake topped with whipped cream and chocolate sauce with one biscuit on top, we found it to be quite a regular drink. Since we had a lot of sweet before this, it was a bit difficult for us to complete this drink which was too sweet in the end.
5. Passion fruit Mojito [AED 15]: One lesson learnt here by us is never to have drinks after having sweets. We sadly made this mistake and didn’t quite enjoy the now bitter flavor of an otherwise perfect mojito served to us.
6. Lotus Waffle [AED 20]: As much as we love chocolate, we still can’t get over Lotus biscoff fever. A soft, spongy waffle topped with generous and we really mean generous amounts of Lotus sauce and biscoff crumbs, this was the motherlode served on a wooden stick, which can be dug into with cutlery or just munch on from the stick!
View this post on Instagram
When #waffles knocks on your door you never say no… we were ready to welcome more of these amazingly delicious waffles on our plate. #Bringiton. That’s what we were saying after gulping down this amazing #Lotus Waffle stick from @freez.uae. Served on a wooden stick, the waffle was warm, gooey and just how we wanted it. Topped with lotus syrup and lotus biscuit crumble, this dish is a heavenly #sweet paradise for all those Lotus lovers out there. . . . . . . #lotuswaffle #freez #maxfoodshot #buzzfeedfood #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #coldturkeydxb #dubaifoodie #dubaipr #dubaiinfluencers #dubaibloggers #desserttable #dessertgram #eeeeeats #foodindubai #grabbd #honor7x #insydodubai #instalike #localguides #shotoniphone #timeoutdubai #thescrumptiousscavengers #zomatouae #mydubai
The staff is friendly and attentive. They do a great job of balancing the delivery orders and the customers who dine in too.
For the quality and quantity, we find the pricing reasonable!
We would love to check out the Al Khail branch and try out their new creations.