A place with best of both worlds where you can shop and dine!
We were extremely thrilled to be invited to Jones the Grocer for a tasting of their Australia Day Special menu!
The outlet that we visited was the one opposite Times Square Center, on Sheikh Zayed Road. From the main road you can’t really see the name board, however if you watch closely as you drive past you will notice the popular navy blue ‘Jones the Grocer’ name board.
As we walked towards the outlet, we noticed that they had a few seats outside as well. Walking in, we noted the very casual “grocery store” kind of vibe, you had a few tables scattered on either ends of the restaurant, with a wide live serving desk right in the middle of the restaurant. Here you could order for some fresh baked breads, croissants, muffins etc. Also, served here were slices of various pastries and desserts.
At the back of the restaurant you can see the kitchen, bustling with activity. Along the walls are several racks with different products, consumables and non consumables. You also have a live coffee station on one side.
Rating: 9 Golden Nuggets
A U S T R A L I A D A Y S P E C I A L
1. Grilled Chicken Ciabatta with Asian Chili Jam and Sesame Lime Mayo and Slaw [AED 39] : This was a classic toasted sandwich. It tasted very good, with the slaw and lime mayo stuffing complementing the grilled chicken with each bite.
2. Pan Seared Tuna with Spaghetti crispy capers and lemon reduction [AED 59] : We were initially a bit hesitant considering pasta was paired with fish. However the tuna was beautifully cooked, it had a great juicy taste to it and went really well with the pasta. We felt the pasta could have been cooked a minute longer as it was a bit hard, but in terms of the taste, we thought it was a good match!
3. Mixed Berry Pavlova [AED 18] : This was the dessert on the Australian menu so we decided to go for it. The pavlova was hard, as expected, on the outside. The core center was stuffed with all sorts of berries, like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. For a new dish, it was certainly worth the try but we weren’t that big fans of it.
N O R M A L M E N U
1. Crispy Buttermilk Chicken Burger w / sriracha mayo and carrot mango and sesame slaw with nori dusted fries [AED 52] : This was a delectable dish, served as a perfect one person sized burger with a crunchy chicken patty and slaw. What turned it up a notch was that interesting sriracha mayo that gave it an extra zing. The bun was perfectly golden brown and soft. This was surely our favorite!
View this post on Instagram
Here is the Crispy Buttermilk Chicken Burger w / sriracha mayo and carrot mango and sesame slaw with nori dusted fries! 😄Yeah, that is a mouthful of goodness in that name itself, and true to its name it lives to be a star dish from our tasting at @jonesuae! 💃 We loved the slaw and mayo that went so well with the crispy chicken patty and that beautiful golden bun ❤ The burger was accompanied by the generous serving of golden fries which we also digged into. What a WOW #Jones! 👌😁 [AED 52] . . . . . . #crispybuttermilk #chickenburger #norifries #jonesuae #adfluencers #beautifulcuisines #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #buzzfeedfood #coldturkeydxb #dubaifoodie #dubaipr #dubaiinfluencers #dubaibloggers #foodindubai #grabbd #insydodubai #instalike #localguides #timeoutdubai #thescrumptiousscavengers #zomatouae #mydubai
2. Valrhona Chocolate Pecan and Caramel Bar [AED 13] : Ofcourse we couldn’t have a tasting without at least one chocolate dish! This chocolate bar was perfect in every sense. As we cracked it with our spoons we heard that crack of the top chocolate layer and the beautiful golden caramel came running out. Each spoon left us wanting more! A definite must try.
D R I N K S
1. Berry and Banana Smoothie [AED 26] : This was a fantastic blend of two awesome flavors with berries and bananas. It was refreshing and delicious! We truly recommend this drink for all fans of this combination.
2. Fresh Orange Juice [AED 25] : We expected a sweet, fresh and refreshing, freshly squeezed orange juice, and that’s exactly what we got! You can never go wrong with this classic.
The service was pretty good. We were greeted by the restaurant manager and the marketing in charge, Steffi. Our orders came in good time and all our needs were met.
Considering the prices for the quantity and quality, we would say, worth the buck!
Would love to head back to try their Valrhona Hot Chocolate