If your first love is Italian style pizza, then your favorite must be PizzaExpress!
A new outlet has recently opened in the renovated City Centre Ajman and we were invited for a tasting.
Situated on the ground floor of Ajman City Center, this Pizza Express outlet, albeit newly opened, already checks all the right boxes with us. The ambience of the place is lovely! The lighting is wonderful and seating arrangement is quite spacious. They have an outdoor seating area as well as an indoor seating area. It’s the perfect spot to enjoy some amazing Italian delicacies with the family, friends or even colleagues.
Another bonus to dine here is that the cinema is just a few minutes away by walk so you can always head here to grab a delicious Italian lunch or dinner after or before your movie. Not to forget their top notch service tempts us to dine there every day.
Rating: 9 Golden Nuggets
1. Pineapple and Berry Pressato [AED 22]: A beautiful and vibrant red drink that took us by surprise of how delicious and refreshing it was. We expected it to be a little sour but were proven wrong as it was not only blended perfectly but tasted oh so AMAZING!
View this post on Instagram
#Fresh juices are a thing of the past when you can get so much more from these vibrant #mocktails served at @pizzaexpressuae. Here we have the pineapple 🍍 & berry pressato [AED 22] and the orange, carrot & passion fruit miscelato [AED 22]. Both the drinks 🍹 were a perfect blend of the various fruits and tasted Oh so good! Try it out at #pizzaexpressuae and we 👭 guarantee you won't stop at just one. . . . . . . #pineappleberrypressato #orangecarrotpassionfruitmiscelato #refreshers #pizzaexpress #openingspecial #buzzfeedfood #coldturkeydxb #citycentreajman #dubaifoodie #dubaipr #drinkstagram #dubaiinfluencers #foodbloggers #foodporn #grabbd #insydodubai #healthylifestyle #healthyeating #instalike #localguides #timeoutdubai #thescrumptiousscavengers #zomatouae #ajman
2. Orange, Carrot and Passion fruit Miscelato [AED 22]: A gorgeous orange coloured drink which is a blend of orange, carrot and passion fruits. We found the carrot flavour to be a tad bit too much but nothing to discredit its taste overall. A good refresher to have throughout your meal.
1. Calamari Rings [AED 38]: The rings served to us had the perfect crunchy exterior and were seasoned quite well. We aren’t too keen on seafood but this one did tempt us to dig in and give it a shot.
1. Bresaola, Burrata and Fig [AED 72]: We are huge fans of burrata, so we could not miss out on trying it. On trying a Chef’s recommended dish. The salad has a sphere of creamy fresh burrata placed in the centre with all its glory. Once you dig into the burrata, you can find the rocket leaves and baby spinach layered underneath mixed with walnuts and figs with a dressing of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. For a beautiful presentation you have beef bresaola placed on each corner of the bowl.
View this post on Instagram
We think our #soulmate might be carbs because one of our best friends is #cheese. Featuring the ‘Bresaola, Burrata and Fig’ 🥗 [AED 72] served @pizzaexpressuae. The burrata was everything we wanted creamy, soft and pure deliciousness 🤤! The #Bresaola which is an #Italian beef dish that's salty to taste but with the other ingredients it was well balanced out. The baby spinach , walnuts and wild rocket leaves topped with a drizzle of balsamic syrup made up for an amazing combination that we could not stop munching on. . . . . . . #bresaolaburratafig #salads #pizzaexpressuae #ajmancitycentre #openingspecial #buzzfeedfood #coldturkeydxb #dubaifoodie #dubaipr #dubaiinfluencers #foodbloggers #grabbd #insydodubai #instalike #localguides #timeoutdubai #thescrumptiousscavengers #zomatouae #ajman#mydubai#foodporn#food#foodstagram#salad#foodie
2. Superboost [AED 60]: Another signature dish which will tempt the health freaks! The salad is gluten free and under 600 calories which is another plus to maintain the healthy lifestyle. The ingredients tossed into it are chunks of juicy chicken, red quinoa, rocket leaves, bell peppers, lentil sprouts, cranberries and garnished with parsley and pomegranate. All the elements of the salad complemented each other and brought out a rich flavor of fruits and veggies and some protein intake with the chicken.
1. American Hottest [AED 72]: This is purely meant for the spice carnivores! It is part of their Romana Pizza’s category and a signature dish. For those who can handle the heat, this pizza is not to be missed out on! It’s a pepperoni pizza with hot green and roquito peppers, garnished with buffalo mozzarella and parsley. We enjoyed devouring it since we are spice crazed foodies. The flavors were on point but the chili oil was slightly more leaving a pair of oily hands while having it. Other than that it was a delicious pizza.
2. Pollo Forza [AED 65]: When you want to succeed live at the edge of the crust! This is another dish from the same category! It is a spicy chicken pizza with red and yellow bell peppers, arriabata sauce and mozzarella garnished with parsley. Another flavorful pizza but not as spicy as the american hottest! Only sad thing we felt was the crust to be slightly over burnt. other than that it was another delicious pizza overall.
1. Spaghetti Bolognese [AED 54]: A true classic Italian dish. The spaghetti was well prepared and the ground beef with tomato base was just the perfect dish. It had a generous serving of parmesan cheese which made it more rich taste wise making it a cheesy and meaty dish to enjoy.
2. Risotto Pollo E Funghi [AED 58]: This was our first time trying Risotto and boy oh boy was it so good! You can imagine how delicious it was as after each bite we were so close to moaning and hoping no-one sees us enjoying the dish way too much! The slices of parmesan cheese along with the white cheese and pesto sauce made for an amazing combination! The rice was well cooked and the chicken was succulent! Overall, this was a winner for us and definitely recommend trying it to all the non-vegetarians because we would love to head back for another round of it any day.
1. Chocolate Fudge Cake [AED 25]: Our second time around with this beauty and it still hasn’t failed to impress us yet again. Warm, moist and chocolate dessert perfection. The cake isn’t a chocolate overload nor was it too boring. A decadent slice of chocolate cake is what it is and served with a side of vanilla ice cream leaves us with no room for complaints.
2. Chocolate Fondant [AED 32]: With Mr. Syed’s words which went like “try this dish and you will forget all about the fudge cake”! With that being said, we could not, not try the dessert and we being chocoholics never need a reason to try anything that has chocolate in it. Our decision to go ahead was the best thing we could have done because the moment we sliced the muffin that beautiful sight of chocolate oozing out just made us drool over it! Then the moment came when we had our first bite along with the gelato and it was just pure heaven! We always have liked the gelato that has been served with their desserts, its so fresh and purely delicious which brings up the game of all their desserts! Seems like we have found our new favorite dessert which we will surely be heading back for.
1. Cafe Mocha [AED 14]: A large warm cup of mochalicious coffee that was served to us with a lovely latte art. A perfect blend of chocolate and coffee and for the value its priced at we’re definitely coming back for seconds.
2. Cafe Latte [AED 14]: If you are finding for a tall, dark and rich cup of coffee! Then you will find us sipping it at PizzaExpress. After all the scrumptious food we gobbled up, this was a perfect ending to our meal.
We had Mr. Emad the branch manager attend us by himself. He was attentive and an amazing host to us. We also went with his recommendations for our meal which were really good choices that we loved trying! Thank you for such a wonderful time!
The prices will be reasonable when the bill is split as the serving is good enough for two to share. For the quality of food, the price is completely justified.
We loved the risotto, pizzas and everything we tried and will definitely come back for another round to try out the remaining desserts and more pizzas of course!