An elegant Lebanese joint with a lakeside view of the Burj Khalifa.
We were invited for tasting tasting of their new menu and we made our way to have a hearty lunch!
A serene place which gives you the traditional Arabic vibes with it’s cool blue wall color, pale green and blue seats with an option of seating outside to enjoy the views of the famous Dubai fountain and the Burj Khalifa. We arrived on a not too busy hour and saw the restaurant get busier by the hour. Arabic music playing softly above, it’s the perfect family place to enjoy a quiet meal or work alongside some healthy food options.
Rating: 8 Golden Nuggets
1. Desert Rose [AED 29]: This drink was predominantly rose syrup and peach with cranberry juice. The presentation was beautiful with a cherry on top of the crushed ice, which was mostly crushed to slush. The taste of this drink definitely sits on the sweet end of the taste spectrum. if sweetness is what you like in your drinks, then this is your go-to drink!
2. Kiwi Mojito [AED 33]: A different mojito choice ordered by us with Kiwi seeds and refreshing to the throat. This was a welcome drink not too sweet or sour, slightly more on the soda and essence that we would have liked but tasted lovely nevertheless.
3. Shalal: [AED 31]: A refreshing combination of rose and blackberry syrup with 7 UP. This was definitely something new for us and with one sip we were in love. It had the right balance of sweetness and checked all our boxes for being a great drink!
1. Lentil Salad [AED 39]: Quite an interesting dish and a first time for us in a Lebanese place, this dish didn’t disappoint. Brown lentils in a mix of tomato, oregano, spices making it not too dry and a healthy side dish to all the meat options we absolutely gorged on this one.
2. Hummus [AED 36]: A unique twist to the regular hummus with pomegranate, pine nuts, and crackers served along with pita bread. The hummus tasted fine but the bread was kind of hard.
View this post on Instagram
This isn’t your ordinary hummus but @cafeblancdubai you get a lovely garnish of pine nuts, pomegranates and crackers with a dash of olive oil. . . . . . . #hommos #cafeblanc #lebanesecuisine #dubaimall #downtowndubai #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #coldturkeydxb #dubaibloggers #dubaiinfluencers #eeeeeats #foodbloggers #instalike #localguides #timeoutdubai #thescrumptiousscavengers #zomatouae #mydubai
3. Quinoa Feta Cheese Salad [AED 58]: The quinoa tasted alright on its own, however with the dressing that it was served with, we didn’t find the taste all that great.
4. Falafel Crispy Sandwich [AED 47]: A platter of four crispy falafel with a stuffing of fried eggplant, and a slice of tomato. Each bite had the perfect crunch to it making it a delightful starter. We are not fans of eggplant but with this dish our thoughts have changed.
5. Jweneh Bil BBQ Sauce [AED 33]: A bowl of chicken wings well marinated with BBQ sauce and garnished using thyme. The chicken was succulent and will be a hit amongst the bbq flavor addicts! A recommended dish by us.
1. Shrimp Pasta [AED 75]: Our pasta here was smooth, saucy and Al dente. The shrimp were cooked to perfection and had that lovely ginger garlic flavour. This one is a sure favorite here.
2. Mawzet Ghanam [AED 85]: Mawzet Ghanam: A picture perfect slow cooked lamb shank that got us drooling as soon as it was served. The meat was so tender and full of flavour. It’s served in an island of carmalised onions and saffron rice. A must try at your visit here.
View this post on Instagram
Get your cutlery 🍴 sharpened and dig in to the heavenly 😍 Mawzet ghanam. #Meating this one was absolutely our pleasure 🙆🏻♀️. Slow cooked and perfectly braised #lamb 🍖shank that's surrounded in an island of saffron rice 🍚 and caramelised onions, this one is must try 👌🏻. Want to experience that fall of the bone tenderness of this meat then head to @cafeblancdubai in @thedubaimall for this and alot more. . . . . . . #lambshank #saffronrice #cafeblanc #lebanesecuisine #dubaimall #downtowndubai #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #coldturkeydxb #dubaibloggers #yumm #eat #nomnomnom #dubaiinfluencers #eeeeeats #foodbloggers #foodlover #food #instalike #localguides #timeoutdubai #thescrumptiousscavengers #zomatouae #mydubai
3. Labneh with Marinated Shrimps [AED 43]: We were a bit skeptical about this but with one bite, our skepticism was proven wrong. The shrimp had a lovely tangy marinated flavor that was balanced out with the labneh. The shrimp were cooked well and overall this was a solid winner.
4. Grilled Salmon [AED 85]: This was absolutely delicious! The salmon was cooked perfectly and marinated in different ways. They were juicy and full of flavour served on a bed of light rice.
1. Knefeh [AED 36]: We aren’t huge Knefeh fans but decided to get an authentic dessert anyway. The one served to us was a classic cheese pastry dessert soaked in syrup but with a generous drizzle of chocolate sauce. It was good, not anything out of the ordinary though.
2. Em Ali [AED 35]: The Em Ali was very well done. Served as crispy pastry set in a bowl of warm condensed milk. The milk was pretty thick and creamy, making it more filling. Definitely a dish for two.
Our servers were prompt and courteous and attended to our every need. A special thanks to Anna Christina for giving us a wonderful experience.
A bit on the pricey side but for the quality of the ingredients used and the lovely view of Burj Khalifa and the fountain, it’s definitely justified.
We loved all the seafood mains and will be back to try out the other dishes on the menu