A hidden gem making its mark in the Old Dubai!
We were invited by Iliana for a tasting and decided to enjoy the spectacular views while dining on some Italian delicacies.
The ambiance at Mazmi Café is its biggest attraction! You have THE most mesmerizing views of old Dubai in it’s true aging grace. The main seating area at Mazmi Café is located outdoors. This is done up in a very relaxed and comfortable decor. Surrounding the seating area is the creek and all it’s bustling activity! One can spot several abras, boats transporting goods and people, and many seagulls flying over head. The interiors of this café is also beautifully designed. It has a gorgeous rustic and aesthetic look.
Rating: 9 Golden Nuggets
It’s owned by Iliara who is from Italy and settled here in Dubai. She wanted to merge the authenticity of Italian cuisine and the beautiful views of Old Dubai. Her deep rooted passion for food encouraged the startup of Mazmi Cafe which has been running for three months now and doing really well. We loved the interiors which had a vintage touch giving both the Arab and Italian vibes.
View this post on Instagram
Talking about #hiddengems 💎 we’ve found another one for you guys and that is none other than the @mazmicafe located in the heart of old #Dubai 🤩 facing the creek 🏝. It’s a new cafe with minimal interiors that has a vintage vibe to it. You also could enjoy 😊 the outdoor seating by the #abra 🚣♀️ when the winter ❄️ is still here. Owned by Iliana whose roots are from #Italy 🇮🇹 where food is passion ❤️! So here we got fresh in-house delicacies 🤤 that we 👭thoroughly enjoyed! #SIMPLYSCRUMPTIOUS . . . . . . #ravioli #creeksalad #caprese #burratasalad #abra #bastakya #creek #mazmicafe #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #coldturkeydxb #dubaibloggers #dubaiinfluencers #dubaipr #eeeeeats #foodbloggers #flatlay #instalike #localguides #thescrumptiousscavengers #zomatouae #mydubai
1. Hazelnut Lover [AED 22]: A classic combination that works it’s magic every time! The layers of espresso, nutella and hazelnut cream was just perfect. The whipped cream topped off made it light and balanced the flavor of the coffee. A must try for all the chocolate and coffee addicts!
2. Torinese [AED 22]: This beverage was a pure delight! Hot chocolate in essence, this drink was served with a shot of espresso and Chantilly cream! We absolutely loved the presentation. The taste was superb! The chocolate was excellent and had that edgy coffee bitterness which we are big fans of. The Chantilly cream was literally the topping to this drink!
3. Bastakya Passion Fruit [AED 30]: A fresh passion fruit drink that struck the perfect balance between sweet and sour. Its simply the best drink and we enjoyed having it by the creek side while soaking up some of the sunshine.
4. Creek [AED 30]: Lime juice with a hint of cardamom and apple juice and orange juice. This drink was quite peculiar, given the mix of such varied ingredients. Taste wise it scales more towards cardamom than lime.
5. Lemon Mint [AED 30]: A refreshing drink that went well with our meal.
1. Pasta [AED 35]:The ravioli was the special for the day and boy! We surely loved it! The pasta was perfectly cooked and stuffed with cheese. We would have even liked it better if the ravioli was served drowning in cheese sauce taking the dish to another level.
2. Burrata Salad [AED 45]: Served with fresh rocket leaves and cherry tomatoes was a beautiful dollop of fresh burrata! It was plated beautifully and tasted just as good.
3. Caprese [AED 42]: Fresh slices of mozzarella paired with tomatoes and served along with focaccia. The mozzarella was so airy, and just melted in your mouth! A simple and perfect starter to begin your meal with.
View this post on Instagram
Being #healthy isn’t a goal, it’s a way of living. So some days you got to eat the #salad and go the #gym and the rest of the days you eat those cupcakes! Featuring #Caprese salad [AED 42] 🥗 @mazmicafe which has fresh slices of buffalo mozzarella 🧀 and diced tomatoes 🍅 served along with focaccia. . . . . . . #capresesalad #buffalomozzarella #focaccia #mamzicafe #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #buzzfeedfood #coldturkeydxb #dubaibloggers #dubaiinfluencers #dubaipr #eeeeeats #foodbloggers #healthyeating #healthylifestyle #instalike #localguides #thescrumptiousscavengers #zomatouae #mydubai
1. Mimosina [AED 25]: This was a classic Italian dessert, served in a long glass. It was small cubes of sponge cake along with freshly whipped Chantilly cream. We found this dessert super delicious, soft and creamy! It was very light and we definitely recommend this for a sweet ending to your meal.
2. Deliza Chantilly [AED 30]: An ideal dessert you can eat all day long and not feel guilty after. We devoured this one. It’s made of homemade cialda with Chantilly cream that’s light and creamy and some fresh fruits on top. Everything about this was delicious and we do recommend trying this out.
3. Chocolate Mousse [AED 25]: A signature dish of the day we went and a is must try for all those who have the sweet tooth. It was creamy, so full of chocolate with the strawberries adding color and brownies giving the gooey texture to the dish.
View this post on Instagram
One of the sweet temptations 😈 off of @mazmicafe menu is the Chocolate 🍫 Mousse. A soft and light decadent chocolate mousse with some freshly sliced strawberries 🍓 on top. Treat yourself to a beautiful dessert 🍮 or two whilst enjoying the scenic views 😍of the creek 🏖 at Mazmi Cafe. #SIMPLYSCRUMPTIOUS . . . . . . #chocolatemousse #mazmicafe #bbcgoodfoodmiddleeast #buzzfeedfood #chocoholics #coldturkeydxb #dubaibloggers #dubaiinfluencers #dubaipr #eeeeeats #f52grams #foodbloggers #instalike #localguides #thescrumptiousscavengers #zomatouae #mydubai
We had Iliara explain how it the venture began. All the staff members are friendly and quick on their feet to attend the crowd.
The prices are super reasonable and for the view along with it couldn’t get any better.
We are definitely making our way back for more Italian treats we missed out this time.