Your one time fix for some delicious and affordable Thai cuisine.
A couple of minutes by walk from Sharaf DG metro station is where you’ll find a lovely little Thai eatery that we were really excited to try.
Nom Nom Asia is a quaint little outlet with minimal to modest interiors. It’s a café style restaurant offering Thai and Chinese cuisine. We were spoilt for choice here as their menus were loaded with options and items that can be tailor made to your preferences i.e. vegetarian, chicken, prawn, etc.
The place has a casual vibe that’s a perfect place to dine in with family or friends. After our chat with Mr. Vivek, operations controller, we found that this outlet is undergoing major changes and we’re looking forward to visiting the revamp outlet soon.
Rating: 8 Golden Nuggets
1. Fresh Thailand Coconut Water [AED 16]: For an added authentic touch to our meal we ordered this drink that was served to us in an actual coconut so 100 points for presentation. It was quite refreshing and complimented our meal throughout.
2. Crispy Tossed [AED 27]: This one is available in veg and chicken but we opted for the veg option. Deep fried and tossed vegetables coated in a lovely sauce that’s full of flavor. The vegetables were crunchy and delicious and sauce was a perfect balance of sweet and spicy. Definitely recommend trying this out.
3. Pad Thai Noodles [AED 32]: We had opted for the veg option again with this too. This dish was pretty good. A delightful plate of stir fried noodles that did justice to the authentic thai flavour. Our plate was aromatic and delicious. It’s just that the presentation could have been a little better.
4. Nasi Goreng [AED 34]: This dish is a typical classic Nasi Goreng, something we’ve tried at most Thai places we visit. Here, this dish did not disappoint. We loved the flavors of the rice and chicken. We also enjoyed the prawn crackers that accompanied the rice! All of it was delicious. They had served two chicken satays along with the dish, however this one we found average, the meat wasn’t tender enough to our expectations. However, we loved the taste of the fried rice as a whole. Also, the presentation was perfect, rice served with the traditional egg on top.
5. Fried Ice Cream [AED 27]: One of the best fried ice cream we’ve had here in Dubai. We absolutely devoured this one. It’s a ball of vanilla ice cream that’s coated in sponge cake and then deep fried. This deep fried cake ball with an ice cream centre is dunked into a deep dish of chocolate sauce and topped with some almond flakes. It was simply a piece out of heaven.
View this post on Instagram
Have you tried Fried Ice Cream before? 😁 Here's one of the best ones we've seen here in #Dubai! 🤩 At our tasting session at @nomnomasia , we got to try out their Fried Ice Cream #dessert, which we absolutely devoured 😍 For those of you who are new to this, it's a ball of vanilla ice cream, coated with cake crumbs and then deep fried, to get a crispy outer coating. This crispy ball is then dunked into a plate of #delicious chocolate sauce and topped with more chocolate and almond flakes! 🤗♥️ Next time you're craving a fried ice cream dish, you know where to go! 😉 ✨ Nom Nom Asia has branches located in Barsha and Al Karama. . . . . . . #friedicecream #nomnomasia #hyperlinksmediadubai #buzzfeedfood #chocolatelover #chocoholics #coldturkeydxb #dubaibloggers #dessertbae #dubaireviewers #dubaiinfluencers #foodbloggers #instalike #instafoodie #localguides #letsguide #thai #thescrumptiousscavengers #zomatouae #mydubai
The service was quick and fast. Our servers were quite attentive and friendly and made sure that we have a good experience.
The prices are worth the portion size and the quality of food served here.
We will be back to try out some of the other dishes and of course another serving of that delicious fried ice cream.