A terrific terrace lounge with bar and shisha options!
We were invited by @hungrysoulsdxb to visit The Sundowners Lounge to sample their menu.
The main highlight of this restaurant is the open air set up. We loved the ambiance here, it’s relaxed and calm. The evening we visited had cool winds blowing, making us feel even more comfortable.
The layout of the restaurant is basically spread across a terrace, one end of the restaurant has a pool as well, for guests of the Majestic Hotel to use. On the other end there are lots of tables and comfortable seating available, with the open bar on one side.
The music was also pretty good, lively and upbeat.
Rating: 8 Golden Nuggets
1. Paneer Tikka : For starters, we ordered the Paneer Tikka. This dish tasted great! The marinade was delicious and had the right level of spice. The paneer was also cooked well.
View this post on Instagram
Can you feel the chill 😎 #vibes ooze out this picture? Well, if you can then that's what it feels like spending a fine evening at the Sundowners 🌅 located in The Majestic Hotel, in Bur Dubai. The highlights 🌟 of our visit definitely was the #shisha, drinks and the outstanding service 💁♀ We enjoyed our time there and totally recommend it! 🤗 💛 ✨Psst! Ladies! 👯♀Watch out for their amazing Ladies Night #deal @sundownerslounge where you get two #drinks 🍸 and a shisha! ✨ LIKE WOW! 🤩😱🤯 . . . . . . #sundownerslounge #themajestichotel @majestichoteltower #ladiesnight #bloggersmeet #coldturkeydxb #dubaifoodies #dubaibloggers #dubaipr #dubaiinfluencers #flatlay #foodbloggers #funnight #gulfnews #instafoodie #igersdubai #localguides #shishalife #timeoutdubai #thescrumptiousscavengers #uaebloggers @zomatouae #zomatouae #mydubai
2. Samosa : We also ordered the samosas on their menu. Served in about 6 pieces were the cocktail samosas. They tasted pretty average. However they did come along with both the sauces, tamarind and green chili sauce.
3. Butter Chicken : For mains, we ordered the butter chicken, this dish was alright. We found the color and texture perfect. Even the chicken was cooked through and was beautifully succulent. However, the taste of the gravy could have been a little more stronger, we found it a tad bit bland. Probably if you are not too keen on strong flavors then you would like this dish.
4. Dal Tadka : This dish was delicious! We loved the portion sizes here. The dal was cooked well and had great flavor.
5. Naans : Naans were buttery soft, and delicious with the curries.
6. Chocolate & Cardamom Tart : This dessert was okay. We loved the taste of the chocolate. It was dark and smooth and delicious. We also enjoyed the tart. It had the perfect texture, crunch and taste. However all together the taste of the cardamom mostly stood out which didn’t suit us well.
7. Mastic and Rice Milk Pudding : This dessert didn’t work for us! Basically it was a rice pudding topped with passion fruit sauce and almond crumble. The first spoon we took, we ended up with most of the passion fruit sauce and oh lord, it was way too strong for us. It tasted extremely sour. Next, the bottom was the rice layer, which at this point we were too put off by the sourness that we decided to skip this. Also, given that we were having dessert, we would have preferred a more lighter finish to our meal rather than a rice based dessert. However given that these were the only two options in the menu for desserts, we ordered them. We hope the management looks into increasing the number of items for the desserts, or else swap them for some other kind of desserts.
8. Shisha : The shisha here is one of the best ones we have had here! Surely the main selling point of this restaurant is their shisha and the drinks. We absolutely loved the shisha here. They have all the popular flavors and at an amazing price of just AED 55!
9. Slightly Chilled : This cocktail had a mix of Kahlua, Baileys and Coffee. It tastes amazing! Was beautifully smooth and actually pretty delicious. Definitely recommend this drink.
The service here is another big big highlight! Lovely staff and fantastic service. We couldn’t have asked for better. A big shout out to the entire team.
We really enjoyed our visit. We also did appreciate our server, Jeny’s recommendations for most of our order.
The pricing structure here is pretty decent for the offerings. The food portion sizes are generous. The drinks are fabulous! Thus making this a great deal! Also ladies! Watch out for their amazing Ladies Night deal where you get two drinks and a shisha of your favorite choice! Now if that’s not a good enough deal then I don’t know what is!!
Given the fact that they’re located a comfortable few steps away from the Fahidi Metro Station, this is probably going to be a frequently visited spot by us!