A floating restaurant with Indo-Arabic fusion.
We were invited for a bloggers meet.
It is located in the newly opened Al Seef area with beautiful views of the Waterfront Heritage alongside. The interiors are vibrant and full of light that complements the wooden theme.
A beautiful tree lit up with birds beholds your sight upon entering the restaurant. The concept behind that was in olden days, people used to hangout by sitting around the tree and chatting away. So in order to bring in the old concept and merge it with the current theme to bring together everyone and renunite them with the delicious food.
There is a top floor with a club vibes, bollywood music where shisha and alcohol is served. You have neon spot lights to get on those grooves and could turn out to be your new weekend hangout spot.
Rating: 8 Golden Nuggets
1. Tropical Juice: This was a regular pineapple juice and way too sour, so it was a miss for us.
2. Roaring Apple: One of our favorites, a combination of green apple and mint. The balance was on point and not overly sweet, just the perfect amount.
3. Daydreamer: A fruit cocktail, that tasted amazing. This would be another one of our favorites.
View this post on Instagram
Whistle your soundtrack, #daydream your future @mitrabistro located @alseefdubai . . . . . . #daydreamer #mitrabistro #alseef #bloggersmeet #floatingrestaurant @canonme #liveforthestory #dubaibloggers #dubaiinfluncers #dubaifoodies #foodphotography #foodbloggers #f52grams #instafoodie #localguides #mocktail #thescrumptiousscavengers @zomatouae #zomatouae #mydubai
4. Hibiscus Ice Tea: Fans of hibiscus would love this one. We loved how it was presented in a tall glass with a hangman in it which had the hibiscus flower. Great work with the presentation.
5. Watermelon Garden: A cube that is sweet and tangy thanks to the tabasco sauce giving the masala flavor to the fruit. It is presented in a miniature Hawkins cooker, isn’t that so adorable now!
6. Gunpowder 69: Presented on a beautiful wheel, pieces of grilled chicken wrapped in turkey bacon. The chicken was well marinated but slightly overcooked which made the chicken a bit too hard, but taste wise it was on point.
7. Bhel: This was made right in front of us, with the addition of mint chutney, tamarind sauce and lime juice. It was served in a truck and then moved onto a spade like dish. Complete points for presentation, we can see the work being done. Some work needs to be done on the consistency of this dish, as we found one of the servings overpowered with the lemon juice, while the other with the perfect balance.
8. Charger Chooza: Totally loved it! It was creamy, buttery and all yummy. The chicken was perfectly cooked and just fell apart. We liked how rice was added on top to give it a different look.
The dish was served along tandoori roti, naan and lacha paratha. All the breads, were soft and warm that were a great combination with the curry.
9. Persian Biryani: This was an average dish for us. The lamb was undercooked and had the rubbery texture to it, so a miss for us. It was served along with raita.
10. Methai Fidget: A platter with mango ras malai in the middle surrounded with different sweets around. The brownies were well done, with the texture being on point.
Wonderful work done with the presentation of all the dishes and inventive styles.
The service was good. All the servers were prompt, friendly and courteous.
We were not provided with the prices.
We shall be back soon to try out some other dishes, and try the shisha.