A hidden gem for 100% vegetarians!
We went for a dinner on the weekend.
After a successful venture in JLT, this is the second branch that has been running for six months and doing well.
The restaurant has ample seating with white and blue themed decor that represents the Jodhpur city which is called to be the “Blue City”.
Plus points from us for telecasting FIFA! Can’t ask for a better way to enjoy our dinner.
Rating: 9 Golden Nuggets
1. Makaniya Lassi: Are you looking for a palette cleanser or even a refreshing cooler all in one? Sagar Ratna has got you covered. Try their lassi and you won’t need anything else. The Makaniya Lassi is one of a kind. It is a creamy blend of thick yoghurt topped with butter which makes a delicious summer concoction. It compliments each and every dish and it has such a unique twist to your ordinary drinks cause you have this one with a spoon!
2. Pyaz Kachori: It’s time to say bye to fries and chips and munch on the new snack in town. The pyaz kachori is the ultimate all-rounder. You can have it for breakfast, lunch, in the evening or even dinner! They are crisp and flaky and stuffed with an onion filling that is super delicious! This is now our go-to snack and soon you will too.
View this post on Instagram
Jodhpuri Pyaaz #Kachori [AED 5] @sagarratnadubai! This #snack is an all time favorite ❤️ for all #Indians 🇮🇳 and the best 🙌🏻part is you don’t need a particular time 🌗 or season to enjoy 😊 it, just satisfy your hunger ~ be it breakfast, lunch or #dinner 🍴 because the motto is one dish fits all! It goes well with #masalatea ☕️ or your favorite dips or just by itself and it’s still amazing! . . . . . . #thescrumptiousscavengers #dubaifoodies #dubaibloggers #dubaiblog #eatfamous #feedyoursoul #foodbloggers #foodporn #foodphotography #healthyfood #healthylifestyle #instalike #liveforthestory #minibites #marwaricuisine #rajasthanfood #veggielife #sagarratna #uaebloggers #weekendvibes #zomatouae #mydubai @canonme @zomatouae
3. Jodhpuri Kadak Seekh Kebab: Have you tried kababs with a crunch? Well you’re in for a treat with these kadak seekh kabab! These are crunchy kababs served with a lovely mint chutney and a stuffing of onion and potato topped with a sprinkle of chat masala. Boy! We were impressed with this. Its so so good. The crispy exterior is the perfect shell for that delicious stuffing inside. Together it’s a show stopper of a dish. Highly recommended.
4. Paneer Ke Angaar: The best part of their paneer dishes is that it’s made fresh inhouse which makes a world of a difference taste wise. The paneer was marinated perfectly and has that melt in the mouth texture. This one was simply delicious! One cannot say they have eaten at Sagar Ratna without trying their paneer!
5. Bikaneri Gulab Jamun Ki Sabzi: Now we are sure you have never heard of something so unique, dessert in a main course that too savory… Even we were equally surprised and were AWED by the final result. This rich and creamy gravy with the gulab jamuns was an amazing creation. Kudos to the chef!
6. Dhungar Paneer Tikka Masala: One cannot miss out on Paneer when trying something vegetarian. It is totally worth the rave and just way too good… WHY you say?? Because the paneer is made in-house so the texture is very soft, moist and totally mouthwatering! Thinking about it now has got us drooling. The regular tikka masala has been given a charcoal twist which we definitely approve of and a must try for everyone.
Also, you can order their paneer from them directly, isn’t that so cool! So now the ingredient is a call away from you.
7. Smoky Dal Makhani: This is a dish which we have tried a million times but here it totally floored us. The daal was thick, creamy and had the smoky texture which was tasted amazing.
8. Indian Breads: We tried the traditional Phulka, Kasturi roti and Jari buti naan. All of them are prepared fresh and served hot which went along with all our mains. Our favorite of the lot would be the naan as it is topped with herbs, spiced and chili flakes so our spicy taste buds were very happy with it.
9. Moong Dal Halwa: A dessert meant to be relished! We love it when Indian restaurants offer desserts other than the usual gulab jamun and ice cream. This dessert is delicious and drool-worthy! Its rich and served warm and the fact that its light and easy on the sugar makes for a perfect way to end a hearty meal.
10: Rabri Ghewar: In Rajasthan, this dessert plays the role of a cake. So it is basically, a crunchy base made with gram flour dipped in saffron syrup. Then a layer of rabri is poured over it and garnished with dry fruits and silver pieces. You can get customized portions according to the occasion.
NOTE: All the dishes are made using pure desi Ghee (clarified butter) which is a healthier option and is part of the secret why the food tastes so delicious. The rest you will have to unravel by trying the dishes for yourselves.
The hospitality was on point. We had Mr. Piyush explaining to us all the dishes and the story behind the venture. All the servers are friendly, and have a smile on their face always!
For the quality and quantity offered, the rate is completely justified!
We are definitely heading back to get our hands on that Kachori and the masala tea next time!