Patra Ni Macchi with a twist. This popular parsi dish has been a staple at our household for a long time. But, here at our home we make it slightly different and as usual we’ve spiced it up and created a pan fried pomfret.
Serving Size: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
4 Fresh pomfrets (whole)
3 tsp Turmeric Powder
11 Green Chili
1.5 inch Ginger
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 tbsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
3 caps of White Vinegar
1 tbsp Gram Flour
1 cup Coriander Leaves (Dhania)
1 cup Mint Leaves (Pudina)
1 small Onion
1. Start with washing the fish and making a long deep slit on both the sides of the fish. Rub 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp turmeric powder onto the fish and set aside.
2. In a blender, add green chilies slit in the middle (seeds taken out, optional if you want it less spicy), finely chopped ginger, 1 tbsp salt, ginger garlic paste, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander leaves, 1 tsp turmeric powder, black pepper powder, cumin seeds, vinegar and gram flour. Blend it all together, if the mixture is too dry add 100ml of water.
3. Take one finely chopped small onion into the blender along with a tiny amount of fresh tamarind or you can use 1 tsp of tamarind paste.
4. Smear a good amount of green masala from the blender and stuff inside the slits on both the sides of the fish.
5. Take a wide and flat pan, heat it up for a good 5 mins without any grease.
6. Add a few tbsp of cooking oil or spray your pan with cooking spray, once the oil is heated, place your fish on the pan. Let it cook on medium flame.
7. Check in after 5 mins and if you’ve noticed the side turning browning flip and let the other side cook.
The ideal way of serving would be with rice and dal. It’s such a delicious way of cooking the pomfret! And the green masala packs a lot of flavour. Try this out and do let us know your feedback and experience!
PS – We have a discount code for 10% [TSS10] on your first purchase with Yameen. The app is available on the app & play store to download. So, get your fresh produce delivered straight to your home with just few clicks.
View this post on Instagram
Craving fresh poultry and produce to cook a delicious meal with, but hesitant to go to the supermarket still? If you prefer to stay safe at home, you don’t need to compromise on fresh fish, meat and vegetables! Simply get on the Yameen app, and with a few clicks have it all delivered right to your doorstep. >Fresh >Cleaned and cut >Fast delivery >Affordable prices #Yameen #seafood #seafoodlover #seafoods #seafoodfestival #seafooddelivery #seafoodlife #seafoodadventures #love #instagood #instadaily #instafood #food #foodie #foodporn #delicious #foodblogger #foodgasm #dinner #chef #homemade #tasty #eat